What will you learn?
- Define redevelopment & Community Redevelopment Agencies (CRA’s)?
- Review FS 163 Part III to:
- Identify the content of a Redevelopment Plan
- Outline the Reporting Requirements for CRA’s
- Determine what CRA’s can and cannot do
- Determine the “Rules of Engagement”
- Review FS 189.16 Special District Accountability and FS 218.32
- Gain tools to be an effective CRA Leader
- Identify Best Practices with CRA’s
Training Dates and Format
This virtual training program will include A) live virtual meetings, B) self-paced/on-demand modules, and C) the (virtual) Exam. You must complete all of these to earn certification:
- Live Virtual/Synchronous (4 hours):
Tuesday, October 13, from 2-4PM
AND Tuesday, October 20, from 2-4PM
- Self-Paced/On-Demand/Asynchronous (4 hours):
In addition to the above meetings, you will also complete 4 hours of self-paced virtual modules between October 13 and Oct. 20. You can complete the asynchronous modules any day/time 24/7.
- The Exam will also be offered online, at the end of the October 20th training session (from 3-4PM).It will be closed book, and proctored online by the University of Central Florida.
For this virtual course, you must have:
- A computer/laptop that MUST have webcam/microphone/audio/video capability.
- A high-speed internet connection (Suggestion: hard- wired with ethernet cable is more reliable than wi-fi.)
If you cancel after the study materials have been sent out, you will not be eligible for a refund. A $50 cancellation fee will be charged. If you do need to cancel after this period you can obtain a credit for another course offering or a different course. You must let us know prior to the course date. Cancellations must be given in writing via email to email@example.com.